PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
The Patient Participation Group meets every 3 months, and has a patient suggestion post box in the waiting room.
Want to be involved in your local GP services?
Have an opinion on how local services can improve?
Do you have time to contribute to discussions about healthcare in your area either in person or via the internet?
Come and join us and work with the group and surgery to provide excellent healthcare.
We understand not everyone can spare time to attend a quarterly meetings at the surgery so why not join our email virtual group? It's an ideal way to have your say and contribute from the comfort of your home.
The surgery may send you a survey from time to time or a simple response email but this will help to gain a representative view of the Oakhill Surgery patient population.
Be part of this group and let the surgery know what is important to you.
To find out more about what a PPG is please visit the National Association of Patient Participation website.
Virtual PPG (Email Group)
The main purpose of the Virtual PPG is to have a large group of patients that the Oakhill Surgery Patient Participation Group can periodically use to survey views on health services provided by the surgery and more county wide. The more we have the more likely we are to make appropriate recommendations for change.
If you are interested in being part of this group please let reception know or complete our PPG Application form
You will only be contacted by email and can respond as little or as much as you like.
See what N.A.P.P say on virtual PPG's.
Summary of the Oakhill PPG meeting minutes
The PPG felt it would be useful to put a summary of its quarterly meetings on this site.
- February 2019 minutes (Word document)
- May 2019 minutes and practice manager's report (Zip file)
- August 2019 minutes and practice manager's report (Zip file)
- November 2019 minutes and practice manager's report (Zip file)
- March 2020 minutes and practice manager's report (PDF document)
- September 2020 minutes and practice manager's report (PDF document)
- December 2020 minutes and practice manager's report (PDF document)
- March 2021 minutes and practice managers report (PDF document)
- June 2021 minutes and patient survey report
- September 2021 minutes and practice managers report (Zip file)
- January 2022 minutes and practice managers report (Zip file)
- May 2022 minutes and practice managers report(Zip file)
For NHS Somerset the gross annual cost of prescription medicines waste is £3 million per year.
We all have a role to play in reducing this waste. There are many factors, see the campaign leaflet, but one of the things we can do as a patient is to order only what we are going to take. Always check before you leave the surgery or pharmacy that you have only got what you need as sadly once you have left even unopenned packs cannot be reused.